Payments and Fees
We are here for you.
Please be aware of the following Policies:
- We do charge a $100.00 fee for any missed or cancelled appointment with therepist with less than a 24-hour notice which will be applied to your account and will be charged to your credit card on file.
- Office hours are Monday- Friday, 9am- 5pm. Appointments occurring outside of these hours may be subject to an additional cost dependent on insurance coverage.
- As a courtesy, Tree of Life Counseling attempts to determine your financial liability with the insurance information you provide us prior to your initial visit. Ultimately, verifying your coverage and amount owed is your responsibility. If you have any questions regarding your mental health insurance coverage please call the number on the back of your insurance card regarding your mental health coverage and benefits.
- Payment is due at time of services are rendered. Patient is responsible for all deductible amounts, co-payments, coinsurance, and any remaining balances unpaid by your insurance carrier.
- Once your insurance claims have paid should there be a balance, unless other arrangements have been made, we will charge the most recently provided card per your signed Financial Agreement.
- Patients are expected to show for appointments at their scheduled time. If you arrive 15 to 20 minutes late, we are required to reschedule your appointment and charged you the $100.00 “no show” fee for the missed appointment to the card on file that you put on your Financial Agreement.
- Patient is responsible for the full rate we charge the insurance company when payment is denied should we be informed it was denied due to your premium not been paid, termination of coverage, or lapse in coverage.
- All credit cards used for account payments will be assessed 4.5% Flat fee, alternatively, you may pay with cash or check and avoid the convenience fee.
- Any check returned due to insufficient funds (NSF) will result in an additional charge of $35.00. The amount for which the check was written, the $35.00, any unpaid balance of the account will be charged to your credit card kept on file per the financial agreement.
Self-pay rates (fee change is effective June 1, 2020):
- All Initial Sessions: $160.00
- Couples Ongoing Therapy Sessions: $150.00
- Family/Minor Ongoing Therapy Sessions: $140.00
- Individual Ongoing Therapy Sessions: $120.00
- Gender Affirming Evaluations and Referrals for hormones and surgery (service not covered by insurance, you may pay using your HSA or FSA card, cash, check, or credit card. Payment is required when the appointment is made).
- Asylum Immigration Evaluations for Provisional Waivers (service not covered by insurance, you may pay using your HSA or FSA card, cash, check, or credit card. Payment is required when the appointment is made).
- Duke Integrative Health Coaching: Achieve Your Wellness Goals
- Presenting Engagements (fees vary).
Tree of Life Counseling participates in a large variety of insurance networks:
- ACS Benefit Services Inc.
- AmeriBen Solutions Inc.
- Assurant Health/ASA (Assurant Health members with ASA PPO Network)
- Beacon Health Strategies
- BIND/UnitedHealth Group
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Carolina Behavioral Health Alliance (CBHA)
- Compass/ACS Benefit Services Inc.
- Continental Benefits
- CoreSource NC IN
- Corporate Benefits Services
- Emblem Health (GHI – New York Group Health Inc)
- Group and Pension Administrators
- Healthgram Inc (Primary Physician Care)
- HealthPartners MN
- HealthSCOPE Benefits Inc.
- Humana Inc.
- Keenan Associates (CA)
- Key Benefit Administrators (Indianapolis IN)
- MedCost Inc.
- Meritain Health Minneapolis
- Multiplan Wisconsin Preferred Provider Network
- OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions
- Piedmont Community Health Plan
- Total Network Care
- UHC Student Resources
- UnitedHealthCare/All Savers Alternate Funding
- UnitedHealthOne/Golden Rule
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services (pre-authorization is required)
- WebTPA/Community Health
- WorkPlace Solutions
Please note that we no longer accept EAP
- AARP Medicare Complete through UnitedHealthcare
- Oxford Medicare Network
- Aetna Medicare
- Central States of Omaha Medicare
- HealthTeam Advantage Medicare
- NC Medicare Part B
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions
- UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage
- Military OneSource MOS EAP (pre-authorization is required)
- Optum – Veterans Affairs Community Care Network (CCN) Regions 1-3 (pre-authorization is required)
- Tricare East
- Tricare for Life
- Tricare West
- TriWest Healthcare Alliance PC3/VCP REGIONS 3 and 4(pre-authorization is required)
- VA Fee Basis Programs (pre-authorization is required)